Monday 8 February 2010

Gathering of the Greats



SLASH.... Sunday lunch with the girlie's in a germ free vicinity!

I mentioned in my previous blog, I have found this week oddly reassuring and that is because it became instantly apparent what an amazing support network I have surrounding me.

Once diagnosed, the hardest thing I found was telling friends and family. They are just as shocked, upset and often do not know what to say! I have been seeing that weird, awkward face when someone is unsure whether to hug me, say sorry or tell me I will be fine ALOT!

People find it easier to accept this bombshell of information once they have seen me. Remember, I still look and feel OK, sleepy but OK!

So, I have been seeing friends and family in the masses...There is not a day I have not seen my parents, siblings, boyfriend and friends. Yesterday the girls filled my kitchen with laughter while their babies smashed things :). We were down a couple of familiar faces including our own foreign exchange and a new yummy mummy (whose bundle of Joy was born 15 minutes after I was diagnosed!)

Its all in the name of normality and without it I would be going insane. I guess when I am having a bad day in the not so distant future it will be these faces that keep me going and make it all worth while... Even if they do mentally exhaust me!

xKJx

No comments:

Post a Comment